For more than 100 years, Arthur Murray Dance Centers have been teaching the wonders of dance to students of all ages and backgrounds.
Benefits of Dance
The benefits of dance lessons are apparent to all who take them. Social dancing provides a fun, recreational, and natural way of meeting people. Dancing also opens the doors for social events and other private functions. Students from 18 to 80 have learned to dance in a fun and easy way using the World Famous Arthur Murray teaching method. Arthur Murray Dance Centers offer an enjoyable and comfortable learning environment. Many students have reported weight loss, increased flexibility, enhanced strength, better posture, increased self-confidence, lowered blood pressure, increased energy and endurance, and a more positive mood. Some students have even been referred by their physicians, or recommended to continue dancing due to the benefits they have experienced.
What to Expect
While developing your dancing skills you should not be surprised if you:
- Get more fun and enjoyment from your social life.
- Enjoy increased self-confidence.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Improve your overall health.
- Feel more at ease in social situations.
- Find the exercise and fitness you’ve wanted.
- Make your partner happy.
- Enjoy attending more parties.
- Find your business relationships improving.
- Acquire more grace and poise.
- Overcome shyness.
- Relieve stress.
- Stand out on the dance floor.
- Never have to say “no” to a dance invitation.
- Discover recreation in a new way.
- Feel refreshed and relaxed.
Finally, the greatest benefit of dance lessons at the Arthur Murray® Schools of Dance is that your dancing will last a lifetime.
Dancing Makes You Feel Good
When you hear a song with a good beat, you want to tap your feet. You want to move. You want to dance. At Arthur Murray Dance Centers, we love spreading the little-known fact that you can’t dance and be in a bad mood at the same time.
Dancing Relieves Stress
Many of our students say that dancing is a great stress reliever. The music and friendly interactions among fellow students give them an escape from work, school, or the stress of their day.
Dancing Keeps You Fit
Dancing can burn as many calories as walking, swimming, or riding a bicycle. Besides improving your cardiovascular health, dancing can also help strengthen your weight-bearing bones. Since dancing is social, you’re more likely to keep it up. There are also more types of dancing activities to keep you interested, compared to other forms of exercise. Exercising by jogging is an unattractive alternative for many people. Dancing is a mild form of aerobic workout that makes exercising an enjoyable social event. Your dance “workout” is beneficial in many ways:
- Olympic athletes often include dance in their training to sharpen control, agility, speed, and balance.
- Dance contributes to good posture and body alignment.
- Dance encourages gentle stretching.
- Dance increases your flexibility and stamina.
- Dance benefits your cardiovascular system as you swing and sway from hips to shoulders.
Dancing Brings People Together
Many people start taking dance lessons at an Arthur Murray Center to prepare for a special event. During the course of their lessons, they meet new people and develop new relationships. This often results in dancing becoming a regular activity in their lives.
Dancing: A Romantic Alternative
The benefits of dance lessons go beyond health and wellness. For years the world’s greatest romantics have known the best way to a lady’s heart is to sweep her across the dance floor. The romantic properties of dance are a secret that all good dancers enjoy:
- Men feel confident when they recognize which dance is being played and have the ability to walk across the dance floor and ask a lady to dance.
- For ladies, they will always be in demand as a partner once they master the grace and poise, the styling, and the all-important following skills.
- Couples can add the romantic skills that come with the holding, touching, and moving to the music.
- Single people can meet new friends as dancing provides a natural icebreaker and becomes a common denominator in any crowd.
Think of all the countless number of relationships that would have never started without the world’s best icebreaker – “may I have this dance”.
People will go to all extremes to make themselves attractive to the opposite sex. Hours are spent in the gym and millions are spent on cosmetics and stylish clothing just to gain a slight advantage in the dating game. Unfortunately for these people, they will always have to take a back seat to a good dancer. The best way to be noticed, in a favorable light, is on the dance floor. A couple of lessons at the Arthur Murray Dance Studio is all you will need to turn your dancing and romantic life around.
To schedule an introductory lesson, or to speak to a member of our team, contact us today.